I am an accredited Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Life Coach and Researcher with over 15 years combined counselling and coaching experience from working both in private practice and organisations.
Prior to practising as a therapist, I held several board level positions as an HR professional in some of the most successful global technology companies. I am currently completing a professional doctorate in psychotherapy with a research interest around enabling individuals to successfully combine family & professional roles.
Next to my experience in private practice I have also worked as a voluntary counsellor at Turning Point, providing counselling and motivational enhancement therapy on a one to one basis with individuals struggling with drug and alcohol addiction.
My particular specialisms are:
- Managing stress
- Relationship issues
- Work-Life balance
- Working with mums returning to work after a career break
I do also work with most of the usual presenting issues, such as anxiety, bereavement, depression, eating disorders, etc.
Qualifications and memberships
I am an accredited registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I am also a member of the Association for coaching and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development.
My qualifications reflect the depth and breadth of my expertise and the interest I have for working in this field.
- Masters Degree, Human Resource Management at Westminster University (1993)
- Masters Degree, Life, Executive & Business Coaching at Worcester University and the Iron Mill Insititute (2011)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling at Wiltshire College (2009)
- Currently completing (completion due 2019) a Prof. Doctorate Psychotherapy at Middlesex University & The Metanoia Institute
- Adv. Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Wiltshire College (2010)
- Adv. Certificate Working with Children and Young People, Wiltshire College (2010)
- Motivational enhancement therapy
My area of research is “Working mums returning to work”. I have a number of published articles on the topic for BACP’s Coaching Today (feature article) and Association for Coaching quarterly e-bulletin.
I have also presented at conferences on this topic.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or if you would like to make an appointment.
MBACP (Accred), Adv. Dip Counselling, MA Coaching